The fact that you are reading this article means that you are interested in anti snoring devices. Perhaps you are tired of sleeping alone because your partner can no longer stand the noise of your snoring and is now sleeping in another room. Or maybe you do not want to be embarrassed when you take a nap on the plane and bother everyone on board. When you snore often, you will also be the subject of many jokes. People who snore also suffer from obstructive sleep apnea, which increases the risk of heart diseases. The point is snoring is a serious problem, which needs immediate attention before it affects your relationships and your overall health. One solution is the use of an anti snoring device.
How to Find Anti Snoring Devices
You will find many anti snoring devices in the market, from nasal strips and mouthpieces to sprays. You can find them online or buy them over the counter in pharmacies. It is important to note however, that while many of these devices are effective, not all of them are the same. You will not have any problem finding an anti snoring device, as there are literally hundreds of them in the market. However, finding a suitable device that really works is another story entirely. In this case, you will need to do some comparative research. Know the features, including the pros and cons of popular devices available to find the most suitable product that works for you.
Comparative Review of Different 7 Stop Snoring Devices
I. Good Morning Snore Solution
The Good Morning Snore Solution is an anti-snoring mouthpiece that features a sucking mechanism. The purpose is to hold the tongue forward and steady in the mouth while sleeping so that it does not fall back into the throat, thus preventing you to snore.
- Easy to use. You do not need to heat or mold the device before using. You simply place the mouthpiece between your lips and front teeth. With the use of your thumb and first finger, squeeze the tip of the device to suck air out. Then push the tip of your tongue into the end of the device before you release your fingers. You can then relax your tongue and enjoy a sound sleep – or rather a soundless sleep.
- Can be used with dentures – Many of the anti-snoring mouthpieces available are effective but cannot be used with dentures. The Good Morning Snore Solution however, is not like any other mouthpiece. It can be used by people with dentures, and even those suffering from TMJ disorders.
- Safe to use. This device is licensed and cleared by several government agencies or regulating agencies, such as the US Food and Drug Administration, Health Canada, Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration and many others. It is BPA-free or does not contain Bisphenol A, a toxic chemical, which is used to create plastics.
- Side effects. You may experience minor side effects in the first few days or weeks of using the device, such as drooling and tender tongue. These side effects however, are minor and temporary.
- Difficult when you have nasal congestion. Since you are required to breathe normally through your nose when using the device, this mouthpiece cannot be used when you have nasal congestion.
II. zQuiet Stop Snoring
Throat narrowing is said to be one of the main causes of snoring. zQuiet Stop Snoring aims to correct this problem by pushing the lower jaw gently forward to keep it in line with the upper jaw. This opens the blocked airway, allowing air to move freely and efficiently, thus preventing snoring.
- Comfortable to use. The zQuiet Stop Snoring device features Living Hinge Technology, which allows your mouth to move naturally while you sleep.
- Cleared by the FDA. This means that the product has met the requirements set by the FDA. It has undergone a series of tests to ensure that the product is safe to use.
- Ready to use. You can use the product right out of the box. No preparation or set-up is needed unlike other mouthpieces.
- Fast results. You do not need to wait for days or weeks to see the results. You will stop snoring the night you use the product.
- Cannot be used with dentures. This mouthpiece is not for people with full dentures.
- May take some time to adjust. The first time you use the mouthpiece, you may experience jaw stiffness and drooling. It may take hours or even weeks to get used to having this device in your mouth.
- Need replacements regularly. You may need to buy a new one after using the device for a certain period.
III. Zyppah RX Anti-Snoring
While most of the anti snoring devices only provide one solution, the Zyppah RX anti-snoring device incorporates two different techniques to resolve your snoring problem. The device combines mandibular repositioning and tongue retaining. The mandibular repositioning is used in many anti-snoring mouthpieces. This is where the jaw is moved slightly forward to open the blocked airway caused by the narrowing of the throat. This in turn improves airflow while reducing the snoring sound.
Zyppah RX also addresses another root cause of snoring, which is the falling back of the tongue when sleeping. With the use Z-Flex technology, a tongue retaining element, your tongue will not fall back while you are asleep, thus preventing airway obstruction and snoring.
- Improved efficiency. By incorporating two techniques, the efficiency and effectiveness of this device is also improved.
- Cleared by the FDA. You know that the product you are using is safe and effective if it is cleared by the FDA.
- Comfortable to use. The Zyppah RX anti-snoring device has a self-molding feature that keeps your gums and teeth comfortable. Even with constant use, it will not cause your teeth to shift.
- Like most anti-snoring mouthpieces, it may take some time before you get used to wearing a mouthpiece while sleeping.
- You need to consult with your dentist or physician before you can use this device.
IV. VitalSleep Stop Snoring
Like many anti-snoring mouthpieces, the VitalSleep Stop Snoring device works by moving the jaw slightly forward to open the airway in the back of the throat. However, it has certain features that you cannot find in most mouthpieces designed to reduce snoring.
- FDA Cleared device. This means that the product has cleared series of tests set by the FDA to ensure its safety and effectiveness.
- Comfortable and easy to use. It is designed to prevent snoring while allowing the user to breathe normally through the mouth even while wearing the device.
- Adjustable mouthpiece. The mouthpiece comes with a hex key, which allows you to make fine incremental adjustments according to your preference.
- Available in two sizes. The VitalSleep Stop Snoring mouthpiece is available in small and regular sizes. This is good news for people with small mouths where regular-sized mouthpieces are uncomfortable to wear. It is made using the “boil and bite” method to ensure that the device is made specifically for your mouth.
- Can only be purchased online. While purchasing online is convenient, there are still people who are uncomfortable about buying online, especially when providing their credit card information.
- Not recommended for “nose snorers.” VitalSleep will keep your mouth slightly open. Thus, if you normally sleep with your mouth closed, then this may device may not be for you.
- Needs time to adjust. It may take hours, days or even weeks to get used to the sensation of wearing a mouthpiece to bed.
V. My Snoring Solution BOGO
Mouthpieces are not only the anti snoring devices available. They may also be in a form of a chin strap or jaw supporter, like the My Snoring Solution device. The purpose of using the chin strap or jaw supporter is to keep the mouth closed while you sleep. In supporting the lower jaw, it ensures that the air passages are opened and unrestricted, which in turn eliminates vibrations that cause snoring.
- BOGO. This means buy one get one. For only about $120, the product is sure a great bargain for your money.
- Offers an alternative to regular anti snoring mouthpieces. If you cannot wear a mouthpiece because of your dentures, then this may be a good solution for your snoring problem. This is also a good alternative for snorers who have tried mouthpieces but still find it difficult to adjust to them.
- Available worldwide and has been available for over ten years. You can easily buy this product online and the fact that it is still in the market despite the many devices now existing, means that many trust the product.
- No FDA clearance. The FDA clearance is one factor most people consider before buying a product, especially when it concerns the health. Thus, without an FDA clearance, it may be difficult for buyers to determine the safety of the product. The website doesn’t also say what the product is made of for you to know if the materials used are safe.
- Only available through their website. It is not sold in pharmacies, and retail stores. You can only buy it from their website.
- Return policy isn’t clear. Before you buy the product, you might want to read their fine print. You should know that they charge 25% for the environmental waste disposal fee, which you cannot find with most anti-snoring mouthpieces.
VI. Snoreless Pillow
The Snoreless Pillow is not your regular pillow. This pillow is designed to prevent snoring and mild sleep apnea by comfortably raising your head above your feet. In raising the chin off the chest, snoring is reduced or prevented. The pillow is also designed to keep your jaw slightly forward, which in turn helps open air passages.
- Promotes comfortable side-sleeping and has the added benefit of providing relief from minor head, neck and shoulder pain.
- Comes with a 7-year limited warranty. As long as you have the original purchase receipt, you can return the product if there are any defects.
- Comfortable and easy to use. The Snoreless Pillow is not something you wrap around your jaw or chin. It is not something you put in your mouth either. You simply place this pillow on top of a standard-sized pillow and then sleep.
- Doesn’t come with a refund policy. You can return the product if you see manufacturer defects with its 7-year limited warranty. However, it doesn’t have a return policy, which allows you to return the product and get your money back if you find it unsatisfactory.
- It may be difficult to stay on the pillow the whole night. With how the pillow is elevated, your movements may be limited. If you are a person who normally tosses and turns while sleeping, you might not be comfortable with this pillow.
SnoreRX is an oral device that is designed to prevent snoring. Like most anti snoring mouthpieces, it aims to correct the problem through mandibular repositioning, wherein the jaw is moved slightly forward to open air passages. However, unlike many oral devices, SnoreRX does not use screws, rubber bands, rods, and torsion. Thus, it does not affect the appearance of your teeth and jaw.
- V-flow and V-alignment. The V-flow feature enables full airflow through the mouth and its V-alignment is useful for positive center alignment.
- It can be custom fit to your own mouth to ensure comfort and efficiency. It features a calibrator, which allows you to adjust the mouthpiece to your liking.
- Dental lab quality – The mouthpiece is made using medical-grade, and BPA-free materials.
- Cleared by the Food and Drug Adminstration.
- This product is not suitable for people wearing dentures.
- It is not ready to use unlike most oral anti snoring devices. It must be molded properly for it to be effective.
- It may take some time for you to get used to wearing a mouthpiece while sleeping
So which one of the different anti snoring devices mentioned above should you purchase? For mouthpieces, the Good Morning Snore Solution may be the best option. It has been cleared not only by the FDA, but also by many government agencies. It is inexpensive and provides the best value for your money with its no-risk 30-day return policy. You will know the device is effective not by what the company says, but by what other people say about the product. Based from the positive customer testimonials, we can say with absolute certainly that Good Morning Solution is truly an effective anti snoring device.
You can also find me on Google+